- U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services Hospital Compare
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Consumers Union
- Connecticut Center for Patient Safety (“5 Things to Know”)
Health Advocacy Issues:
Medical doctors perform medicine, osteopaths perform osteopathy, so what do chiropractors do … “chiropractin” … “chiropracty”? The word you are looking for is chiropractic.
There are many methods of chiropractic, but the most bang for the buck will be found with applied kinesiologists and functional neurologists.
Abbreviated as “AK”, this is an eclectic synthesis of modalities covering the braod spectrum of structure & function, to include traditional chiropractic, cranial, soft tissue (muscle, ligaments, tendons, fascia), nutrition, emotions, as well as acupuncture theory (without needles) and energetic work .
Neurology isn’t just for medical doctors. There are two broad categories of neurological help available:
1. Pathological Neurology: Medical doctors treat life-threatening nervous system issues, like stroke.
2. Functional Neurology: Other types of doctors (mostly chiropractors, ) rehabilitate the nervous system (healing after the initial stroke treatment). This type of treatment can also greatly help a large number of chronic nervous system issues, that few other types of therapy can match.
Carrick Institute for Graduate Studies – Chiropractic Neurology, DACNB, Clinical Neurology Education
This is for doctors (any type) who wish to study functional neurology. Read the “About” page.
Dr Powell’s Advanced Chiropractic Neurology Center
This doctor’s website has a lot of resource information (go to “About Us” tab / “ACNC Research Sites”…)
Active Release Technigue
James T. Reese
Mario E. Martinez
Native Truths: Art Runningbear provides classes, talks, workshops, seminars, personal consultations and mentorship, designed to help you realize your natural state and develop your intuition and healing abilities.
Spiritual Acceleration: Founded by Bonnie Serratore, offers courses in shamanism, core emotional teachings, intensives and the online shamanic clearings.
International Academy of Consciousness: A non-profit research and education organization dedicated to investigating consciousness and helping people develop their human potential.